Week 5 tutorial

Thursday, August 27, 2009 | |

This week's tutorial task was to explore the many 3D chat room sites and compare them to normal chat rooms, like MSN.

So I've explored the Habbohotel.

To be honest, i prefer using MSN than 3D sites. I tried using Habbo a while ago only to realise that it was overrun by 14 year olds; a child predator's playground if you asked me. And I was right. Back in 2004 some 40+ year old dude in Habbo Finland got arrested for attempting to exploit a 14 year old teenager. For the time that I explored this site to be honest it got incredibly boring. I then proceeded to dress as Jesus just for the laugh of getting other people's reaction. I also explored the HabboHotels in other countries, and they too were no different. Infact, I found it incredibly easy to troll people to the point where they would leave the website entirely.

As cool as and innovative as these 3D chat rooms maybe, I personally would stick with my MSN. At least I know who i'm chatting to. I understand that 3D chat sites probably have a more wider range of activities, but I'm not a basement dweller.

Speaking of the dangers of meeting strangers online, it happens alot. Every year, the HabboHotel is raided by trolls who dress as black stereotypes in tuxedos and block off the swimming pool (the only entertaining bit of Habbo). This, is known as the Habbo Raid.


above is an attempt by "/b/tards" to block off the pool. They are always successful


I find myself to be more attached to MSN, probably because you can actually do more useful things with it, like send files to people, go on a webcam, or even appear offline.

0 comments:

Post a Comment